How high is Your Conflict Intelligence?
Take the CIA: The Conflict Intelligence Assessment
Conflicts are as natural to work life as waves are to the sea. They come and go, are mild or intense, and can be either channeled into energy to move things forward or can get out of control and destroy everything in their path. Although it is debatable if conflict serves any positive functions in the workplace, it is clear that it is a pervasive reality in organizations and that managers and employees spend considerable time dealing with conflict and its aftermath.
The Conflict Intelligence Assessment (CIA) was developed to gauge people’s tendencies for navigating different types of conflicts across power differences at work. It is based on decades of original research, building on one of the most influential scientific models in the field of conflict resolution developed by our team at Columbia University. It’s also grounded in practical experiences in organizational life – interviews and case studies with managers, administrators and executives.
In essence, The CIA is a tool for helping people to understand how different conflict-handling styles affect interpersonal and group dynamics—and to assess their own preferences and tendencies when dealing with conflicts at work.
Research on power and conflict dynamics across the globe has identified five basic strategies people employ when managing conflict across power differences. The CIA will provide you with feedback on the strategies you employ most often.
Benefits of taking the Conflict Intelligence Assessment (CIA)
– The CIA measures our tendencies for navigating different types of conflicts across power differences at work.
– The CIA is a self-report assessment that allows you to discover whether you might be overusing or underusing one or more of the five conflict strategies.
– To determine which of your conflict strategies are above or below average, your results are compared to those from managers and executives who previously took the assessment.
– Results are available for printing immediately after completion of the assessment.
– The survey takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (212) 678-8311.